These festive Scarecrow Cupcakes from Bright Ideas are simple to put together. Just start with vanilla cupcakes and frosting and add cookies and candy for the hat and M&M’s for the eyes. I thought the shredded wheat looked perfect as the hair and then just add a brown icing mouth and they’re done!
1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
1 tube brown decorator’s icing
24 pieces graham crackers
24 pieces TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bar Minis, unwrapped
4 shredded wheat biscuits
½ cup M&M’S® Brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies
24 paper cupcake liners
2 regular size cupcake pans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the cupcake pans with the paper cupcake liners.
2. Prepare yellow cake mix according to the package instructions. Fill each cup with 2/3 cup of batter. Bake for 18-21 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
3. Tint the vanilla frosting beige by blending it with a tablespoon of brown decorator’s icing. Spread the beige frosting on top of a cupcake.
4. To decorate the cupcakes, use the photograph as a guide.
• Place a graham cracker half at the top of each cupcake, and top with TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bar Minis to resemble the rim on the hat.
Hair & Neck:
• Arrange strands of shredded wheat under the hat and around the neck.
• Use M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies for the eyes and nose. Create the mouth with the remaining brown decorator’s frosting.
Tip: Consider using cut licorice laces or shredded coconut instead of shredded wheat biscuits for the “hair”.