This tiered treat stand, from Martha Stewart, would be perfect for Mother’s Day filled with treats or for any special occasion. It’s so easy to make, you only need disposable plates and cups and some hot glue! They suggest using “Bare” by Solo for the paper goods, but there are so many types of decorative party supplies, you could easily find the perfect ones to complement your event. They also carefully measure where to glue it on, but I think i would just eyeball it! Since there are a lot of the cups and plates in the packages, it would be nice to make several of these and have lots of treats displayed on them. Plus, they could match the guests’ tableware, also! The treat stand would also look great on a party dessert table!
Tiered Treat Stand
Tools and Materials:
Bare by Solo cups, dessert plates, dinner plates, and luncheon plates
Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
Candy, macarons, and treats to fill treat stand
Tiered Paper Candy Stand How-To:
1. Place a ruler on the diagonal of the bottom of a dessert plate. Draw 3 3/4-inch lines in the center, on the diagonal, in both directions. Center the top (mouth) of a cup on the endpoints and outline it.
2. Repeat process on the top of the dinner plate.
3. Draw 2 1/4-inch lines in the center of the top and bottom of the luncheon plate. Center the bottom of a cup on the endpoints and outline it.
4. Run a bead of hot glue on the bottom rim of a cup. Affix cup to the bottom of the luncheon plate. Run a bead of hot glue on the top rim of another cup. Affix to the bottom of the dessert plate.
5. Run a bead of hot glue on the top rim of the luncheon plate cup. Turn over and affix to the top of the dinner plate, making sure that the plates are square to each other.
6. Run a bead of hot glue on the bottom of the dessert plate cup. Affix to top of luncheon plate, making sure plate is square to the rest.
7. Fill the tiered treat stand: On bottom tier, place candy in candy cups. Place macarons on middle tier and a big red paper poppy on the top tier.