These miniature wedding cakes from Betty Crocker that can be frosted and decorated with candies, ribbon and simple techniques, but still look professional. Sour cream and milk are added to a regular box of white cake mix to make it extra fluffy. The way they make these diminutive cakes is by using a little multi-tiered wedding cake pan. Apparently, these cute cake are a popular alternative to a standard wedding cake and are frequently used as both dessert and as table centerpiece displays for the tables.
Miniature Wedding Cakes
1 white cake mix
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 (16 ounce) container White Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream. Beat for 30 seconds on medium speed and then increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Spray multi-tiered cake pan with cooking spray and fill 4 of the molds up to the bottom line of the largest tier.
4. Bake for 15 minutes then rotate the pan and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
5. Frost an even layer of frosting using a spatula or use a star decorating tip to cover the cake in stars. Use ribbon, pearls, or sprinkles for additional decorations.