mini wedding cakes
These miniature wedding cakes from Betty Crocker that can be frosted and decorated with candies, ribbon and simple techniques, but still look professional. Sour cream and milk are added to a regular box of white cake mix to make it extra fluffy. The way they make these diminutive cakes is by using a little multi-tiered wedding cake pan. Apparently, these cute cake are a popular alternative to a standard wedding cake and are frequently used as both dessert and as table centerpiece displays for the tables.
Miniature Wedding Cakes
1 white cake mix
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 (16 ounce) container White Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream. Beat for 30 seconds on medium speed and then increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Spray multi-tiered cake pan with cooking spray and fill 4 of the molds up to the bottom line of the largest tier.
4. Bake for 15 minutes then rotate the pan and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
5. Frost an even layer of frosting using a spatula or use a star decorating tip to cover the cake in stars. Use ribbon, pearls, or sprinkles for additional decorations.