The little squishy green aliens were my favorite characters in Toy Story and I loved their optimism of looking forward to “going on to a better place”. So, of course, I loved these cupcakes, made to look just like the tiny aliens! Some simple candies and neon green frosting make up their faces.
Toy Story Green Alien Cupcakes
Cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
White frosting, store-bought or from your favorite recipe
Neon green food coloring
Mint-flavored chewable candies (found packaged in rolls)
Green apple sour belts
Green apple sour straws, cut into 2″ pieces
Black decorator gel icing
Kitchen shears, or a small leaf shaped fondant cutter
1. First, mix up a batch of alien green icing by adding few drops of neon green food coloring to your favorite white icing.
2. Prepare your aliens’ ears. Cut ears, shaped like teardrops, from green apple belts. A pair of kitchen shears works well, or use a small leaf shaped fondant cutter. You will need 2 ears for each cupcake.
3. Frost cupcakes and insert a 2″ sour straw antenna. Press your ears into the sides of the cupcake.
4. Line up three mint-flavored, chewable candies as eyes, and dot with black gel icing for pupils.
5. Give your aliens an awed expression by drawing on a circle for a mouth with black gel icing.