mini spring cupcakes
Spring is finally here and these butterfly and bee mini cupcakes from Bright Ideas really celebrate the colors and feeling of spring. You don’t need fancy bags and tips to decorate them, just a plastic baggie to make the simple piping. Great school or bake sale treat!
Mini Spring Cupcakes
2 cups M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies (May substitute with 2 bags M&M’S® Brand Dark Peanut Chocolate Candies or 2 bags M&M’S® Brand Almond Chocolate Candies)
1 18.25-oz. box yellow cake mix
1 ½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
Green and yellow food coloring
2 strands black licorice laces
3 12-cup mini cupcake pans
36 mini paper cupcake liners
Resealable plastic bag
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 (12 cup) mini cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
3. Divide batter evenly between prepared cupcake pans. Bake approximately 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, spoon 1/4 cup white frosting into resealable bag. Tint remaining frosting green and use to cover cupcakes.
5. Use photograph as decorating guide for cupcakes. Arrange four M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies as photo shows. Pipe white frosting body in center and use licorice for antennae.