teddy beach cupcakes
Summer’s starting and here is a fun recipe from Betty Crocker which lets you create a beach scene on top of a cupcake. It’s made out of blue frosting with little teddy grahams hanging out on the beach in all kinds of ways, with beach umbrellas and fish and more. For the sand you can crush the teddy grahams, or use graham crackers. They also suggest brown sugar, but that seems a bit too much for me — brown sugar on top of frosting!? Anyway, they turn out really fun for a party or just as something to make on a summer day when the kids are “bored”.
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix (any flavor)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
2 drops blue food color
1 cup Betty Crocker® Whipped vanilla frosting (from 12-oz container)
1 roll (from 4.5-oz box) Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® chewy fruit snack (any flavor)
1/2 cup teddy bear-shaped graham snacks, crushed, or brown sugar
1 tablespoon blue sugar or edible glitter, if desired
12 teddy bear-shaped graham snacks
6 paper drink umbrellas or small plastic umbrellas, if desired
6 ring-shaped gummy candies
6 multi-colored fish-shaped crackers
1. Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pans (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake as directed on box or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Tightly wrap 12 cupcakes; freeze for a later use.
4. Stir blue food color into frosting until blended. Frost cupcakes with frosting.
5. Cut 6 (1 1/2-inch) pieces from fruit snack roll; peel off paper backing. Use fruit snack, crushed graham snacks, blue sugar, teddy bear-shaped snacks, umbrellas, gummy candies and fish-shaped crackers to decorate cupcakes as shown in photo or as desired.