To make these fun snowman cupcakes, you take a regular size frosted cupcake and a mini one turned on it size. A Dove chocolate and a malted milk ball make the hat and M&M’s for the buttons. Cute for a table centerpiece or kid’s craft!
Yield: Makes 16 Snowmen
1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
1 ½ cups vanilla frosting
1 tube black decorating frosting
1 tube orange decorating frosting
1 ½ cup shredded coconut, optional
16 pieces DOVE Brand Milk Chocolate
16 pieces chocolate malted milk balls
1/2 cup M&M’S Brand Chocolate Candies
Standard cupcake pans
Mini cupcake pans
16 standard paper cupcake liners
16 mini paper cupcake liners
Resealable plastic bag
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 16 standard cupcake cups and 16 mini cupcake cups with the paper cupcake liners.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions. Transfer the batter into each cupcake pan and bake minis for 12-15 minutes and the standard cupcakes for 18-21 minutes.
3. Remove cupcakes from the oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
4. Put 1/4 cup of vanilla frosting in a resealable plastic bag; set aside.
5. Frost all the cupcakes’ tops with the remaining vanilla frosting, and then sprinkle with the shredded coconut, if desired.
6. Place a frosted mini cupcake on its side on top of each frosted standard cupcake, using the vanilla frosting to attach it.
Decorate the snowmen as follows:
1. Make the hats by using the vanilla frosting to secure a DOVE Chocolate on top of each mini cupcake. Pipe a dot of frosting on top of each chocolate and attach a malted milk ball.
2. Add details by using vanilla frosting to attach M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies as buttons. Pipe the eyes with the black decorating frosting and the noses with the orange decorating frosting.